20th – 24th February 2017
Call 0191 3789555 to book
£20 Deposit | 10% Sibling Discount
Durham Climbing Centre week long day camps for children in school holidays offer a great opportunity for children to learn rock climbing skills in a safe environment, surrounded by supportive and experienced staff. Working closely together in small teams our experienced, qualified and caring staff team offer high quality care and coaching in climbing.
DCC are committed to offering the very best multi-activity day camp experience possible. Field professionals come onsite to deliver further activities in our private garden area and classroom. We aim to spend our afternoons outside where possible, and mornings climbing inside.
- Climbing Games and Challenges (All Camps)
- National Indoor Boulder Award Scheme (NIBAS) (Autumn Camp)
- Bushcraft (Summer Camp)
- Nature Walk (Summer Camp)
- Nature Based Play (Summer Camps)
- Team building Games (All camps)
- Outdoor Picnic (All Camps)
- Creative Arts (All Camps)
- Friday Award Ceremony (All Camps)
- Arts and Crafts (Christmas Camp)
Specific Aims of Durham Climbing Centre Activity Camps
- Teamwork – the importance of working with others to achieve a common aim. This will be facilitated via challenges throughout the week.
- Listening – the importance of listening to instructions and taking on-board critical information.
- Confidence – children will benefit from increased confidence in their interaction with others.
- Self reliance and problem solving – pupils will have the opportunity to fend for themselves and their friends, whilst remaining within a safe, controlled environment.
- Trust and consideration for others – by working with other pupils outside their immediate friendship group, individuals will learn the importance of working with and trusting others.
- Environment – pupils will discuss the concept of having a minimal impact on the surrounding landscape.
- Fun – the course aims to be an enjoyable outside the classroom experience for all.
Each day, children meet for Breakfast and discuss the days activities. A typical day looks like this…
8.30am – 9.30am – Arrival & Breakfast Club
9.30am – 12pm – Morning Climbing Activities
12pm – 1pm – Lunch
1pm – 4pm – Afternoon Activities
4pm – 5.30pm Tea Time & Reflection