Summer Boulder Ladder Pre Event Information
• All Competitions held at Durham Climbing Centre are suitable for novice to advanced climbers who have climbed before.
• The Summer Boulder Ladder is a fun, dedicated bouldering competition series suitable for all ages.
• Route setting is varied from easy to hard
• There are 4 rounds + SBL Jolly with raffle on Saturday 3rd September
• Competitors are welcome from any geographic location.
• The event is self-scored – please be honest!
• The Summer Boulder Ladder is £1 to enter each round. Scorecards may be picked up from reception. Proceeds donated to CAC
• Please sign in at reception to each round and give signed consent to photographs
Categories are as follows –
16 – 39 Senior Male & Female
40+ Veterans Male & Female
7 – 9 Boys
7 – 9 Girls
10 – 12 Boys
10 – 12 Girls
13 – 15 Boys
13 – 15 Girls
How does the competition work?
• Adults may enter every round and attempt problems as many times as they like in as many visits as they like.
• Each round lasts 3 weeks. All problems must be completed within this timescale.
• Scorecards should be handed in at the end of every session so online scoreboard can be updated.
• Scoreboard will be updated regularly.
Summer Boulder Ladder Competition Rules
• All problems start with hands on marked handholds. All problems end by touching two hands (matching) on the final hold.
• Volumes, features & arêtes are included on all problems unless stated on the day. Ask a member of staff if you are unsure prior to starting a problem.
• When both feet have left the ground, this counts as one attempt.
• The maximum number of points (11) is awarded if the problem is climbed (flashed) on the first attempt. 10 Points are awarded for any attempt after this.
• Competitors are entered into categories according to age. They should enter the correct category for their age on the date of Round 1: 1st July and remain in that category regardless if they have a birthday during the Summer Boulder Ladder.
Scoring: Points are awarded as follows –
Successful 1st Attempt: 11 points
Any Attempt: 10 points
• All scorecards must be handed in at the end of each session.
• Results will be live online during each round.
• Overall score is best 3 out of 4 rounds.
• The three highest scoring juniors (best 3/4 scores) overall in each category win a prize
Anyone found to be using their own version of the rules will be disqualified without explanation.