Date: 17th March 2020


Durham Climbing Centre Coronavirus Contingency Plan – Updated 17thMarch 2020

We have closely monitored the Coronavirus situation over the last week.

Durham Climbing Centre’s main priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers.

We have followed government advice and remained open as long as we possibly could.

The latest government advice is that everyone should avoid social contact where possible. With this in mind we have sadly made the difficult decision to close the centre temporarily.

We are open today unless instructed otherwise, and will be closed for the foreseeable from tomorrow Wednesday 18thMarch 2020.

Please bear with us while we do our best to protect our centre, our customers and our staff.

All of our upcoming events are postponed – including the Big Bash scheduled for this Friday.

We are freezing all 3 month & 12 month passes from today. This means they will be extended at no extra cost for the duration of the closure.

Children’s sessions and climbing camps will be transferred to sessions when we re-open.

We would like to thank our fantastic team of staff and loyal customers for their support during this extremely difficult time for the climbing community and our business.

We look forward to opening up again in safer times and when we are instructed to do so by the UK Government.

Please visit our website for further information and updates. If you have any questions please email [email protected]

Hayley McKenna


Hayley McKenna Manager